Changes You Can Make Today to Become a Better Salesperson
Sep 12, 2022
To be a good salesperson, all you must do is continue down the same path that has shown you success time and time again. But to be a great salesperson, you need to consistently seek out innovative ways to increase sales and performance. As salespeople, our minds are not typically geared towards self-awareness, but that is one of the most important traits for any professional to have. It allows us to see ourselves objectively and examine our behavior so that we can see what works and what doesn’t. From there, we can make real changes to improve.
Unfortunately, self-awareness isn’t something that comes naturally to most. Salespeople tend to be overconfident in their abilities and underestimate just how much room for improvement they have.
The good news is that self-awareness is a skill that can be learned. And the even better news is that once you learn it, you will be able to improve. So, what changes can we make today to make ourselves even better as Salespeople?
Here are a few changes you can do today:
1. Take an honest look in the mirror. This is not about physical appearance, although first impressions matter. This is about taking an honest assessment of your strengths and weaknesses. Knowing yourself is the first step to improving yourself.
2. Set goals. Without goals, you will never know if you are doing better. Sales is a numbers game, and your goals should reflect that. But don’t just set any old goals; make sure they are SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound).
3. Find a mentor. Find someone who has been successful in sales and who can help guide you throughout your career. They can provide advice, support, and accountability.
4. Get organized. This one may seem straightforward, but it’s amazing how many salespeople are not organized. Having a system in place will help you be more efficient and effective in your work.
5. Always be learning. The best salespeople are the ones who are always educating themselves. Read books, listen to podcasts, and attend conferences. There is always something new to learn and try in your work.
By making even just a few of these changes, you can be on your way to becoming a better salesperson. The most important thing is never to stop trying to improve yourself; there is always room for improvement.
Image via Pexels
Written by: Hans Hansson
Hans Hansson is President of Starboard Commercial Real Estate. Hans has been an active broker for over 35 years in the San Francisco Bay Area and specializes in office leasing and investments. If you have any questions or comments please email email@example.com or call him at (415) 765-6897. You may also check out his website, https://www.hanshansson.com